Thursday 17 June 2010

A Birth - baby Bella Amelie Andrews

Congratulation to Gabby and David on the birth of Bella, who arrived exactly 1 week overdue on Monday 10th May.

Gabby has shared her birth story here;
At 10.30 on Sunday night my waters broke prior to my labour starting. We called the Bracken Center and were advised to go in for confirmation that it was the waters that had gone. At this stage I had only had a couple of 'random' contractions but they confirmed that things looked like they were progressing and we should go home until the contractions were consistently 5 mins apart. That happened as soon as I left the hospital, but we stayed at home for a couple of hours before returning at 3.30 to be told I was 5-6cm dilated. I went into the pool at 4.30 which was wonderful, I found the water really soothing, supportive and relaxing. Things progressed well and Bella was born at 10.15 weighing a healthy 8lbs13oz.

Thanks again for your guidance, I know that it made a really positive difference to our experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment