Tuesday 23 November 2010

Martina's baby girl has been born

Hi Karin,
Katie Alanna Down was born 3 min past midnight on 20 November at home. Her weight was just below 4 kg. I had mild contractions all Tuesday night which stopped in the morning and started again on Friday evening at 6 pm. They were quickly getting stronger and when the midwife arrived after 10 pm I was already fully dilated. Shortly after my water broke and the pushing started. It was a fantastic experience to have had a home birth which was very different to my first difficult birth with Isabel. We did lots of chanting which really helped to cope with the pain.
I had acupuncture with your husband 3 or 4 hours before the contractions started on Friday which I believe helped the get the contractions started again after they had stopped previously.
Could you please pass the news to Richard. He wanted to know if the treatment worked or if we needed to book another one. Thank you.
Thank you for all your classes, support and help. They were a great help.
Best wishes
Martina

No comments:

Post a Comment