Wednesday 13 July 2011

Bryony's birth to Eliza Amelia


Hi Patricia
I am writing to let you and the class know that we had a little girl on Thursday - Eliza Amelia, born 6lb 10oz. She is doing just perfectly!
I would like to come and tell my birth story at some point, but here are the highlights! I began to have weak contractions 6am Wednesday morning, but carried on with things normally and they started coming every 5 mins or so in Sainsbury's that afternoon, when I thought I better head home! Throughout the aft and eve they began to come on more intensely and by 2am I was feeling that I needed to go in, but when I got to Bracken I was only 2-3cm and had to face the car journey home! We then went back in at about 7am, when the contractions were about every 2-3 mins and I was quite out of it as I had been very sick a number of times. I had an anti-sickness injection, which was a life saver! I then got in the pool at about 9am and Eliza was born at 11.34 - she fed within 10 minutes in the pool and again in the water after I had delivered the placenta - she has taken to breastfeeding just wonderfully and I feel very lucky. We stayed in Bracken until about 7pm that night. Labour was harder than I ever imagined, but I would do it again tomorrow!
Thank you very much for all your help and I will be in touch when we have a bit of a routine, but enjoying every minute at home at the moment.
Best wishes, Bryony

No comments:

Post a Comment