Monday 21 March 2011

Christell's birth to Jamie Liam

Hi Patricia,
Just to let you know- I had a wonderful birth on Friday. Jamie Liam was born at 5.35pm, weighing 8lb 4 and measuring 56cm long- which I've been told is very long for a baby!
I managed to spend the majority of the labour at home, which I found very relaxing. I spent early labour on the ball progressing to being on all fours and leaning on the sofa. I used the breathing techniques as well, and when the contractions got more intense and I started to loose my breathing technique Jon was fantastic and got me back on track. I found moving around between contraction sped up the labour and soon I was in the hospital pushing! Staff were amazing- ended up going to labour ward as bracken was closed. But I didn't take much notice of it really as i was ready to push and was focusing on that. On the late stages I was kneeling, but right at the end I decided to lie on the left for delivery. I have no idea why- it just felt right. Midwife and student midwife were truly brilliant- I hardly noticed them there. They looked at my birth notes and read how I didn't want to be coached and let me push. I didn't have any pain relief because I didn't feel the need and just focusing on breathing and using the positions from your class were soothing enough for me.
I did have a third degree tear- but it was worth it. It really was a tremendous experience and I can't thank you enough for all the advice and tips- I felt really in control of the experience and focused. I would do it again a million times for Jamie.
Jamie is doing well- breastfeeding has been going well.

Christell and Jamie x

No comments:

Post a Comment